Encore for bass! Grammy Award-winner Nikolai Didenko and the Choir of Russian Song
Nikolai Azarov is the artistic director of the Choir of Russian Song. He is a talented and extraordinarily thinking musician, who demonstrates both the continuity of the style and traditions of the choir and the aspiration for the future. Maestro brings his vision of the world to the folk repertoire, popularizes and develops national culture. Bright and actual shows of the Orpheus Radio Choir of Russian Song are performed on the best stages of Russia and at the international concert halls and their audience always meets them with a volley of applause. Nikolai Azarov is the author and mastermind of the team's many programs.
Soloist Nikolai Didenko is an opera singer, owner of a rare voice "baso cantante". His lyrical and melodious bass represents Russia on the world's leading opera stages. He is the guest soloist of the Bolshoi Theatre and the Grammy Award-winner. Nikolai Didenko and the Choir of Russian Song will perform a program consisting of popular arias from the Russian opera repertoire and folk songs.
1. Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov - Song of the Varangian Guest from "Sadko"
2. Alexander Borodin - Khan Konchak's aria from "Prince Igor"
3. Orchestra. Overture to "Ruslan and Lyudmila"
4. Mikhail Glinka - Susanin's aria from "Ivan Susanin"
5. "When I Go To The Quick River"
6. "Oh You, Porch, My Porch"
7. "Song of the Volga boatmen"
8. "Song of Stenka Razin"
9. "It was in the Olkhovka village"
10. "Oh, you, wide steppe"
11. "Down the Piterskaya street"
Orchestrion Concert Hall
November 19, 2021