On July 6, 2023, the second concert of the Pure Classics project will take place at the Russian National Museum of Music.
The program of the concert entitled "Italian Palette" will feature compositions related to Italy:
This is M. I. Glinka's pathetic trio in D minor for clarinet, bassoon and piano. The trio was written under the great influence of Italian opera music of the Bel Canto era.
As you know, Glinka spent a lot of time in Italy, studying Italian music, traveling and absorbing the atmosphere of Italian nature and art.
Beethoven's Trio Op. 11 for clarinet, cello and piano will also be performed. This composition stands apart among Beethoven's trios, in terms of the composition of instruments, where instead of a violin there is a clarinet, but especially in terms of the nature of the music! The music resembles a comic Italian opera, and the finale is even written on the popular theme of a song from a comic opera by Joseph Weigl.
"Love of a Sailor", the words speak for themselves: Before I start working, I'll go and eat whatever!!!
The highlight of the program will be songs by Italian composers Bellini, Rossini, Donizetti, Verdi, Leoncavallo, Curtis.
1. Sergey Petrov (clarinet) – soloist of the Bolshoi Theater Orchestra
2. Viktor Kozodov (cello) – Honored Artist of the Russian Federation
3. Andrey Rudometkin (bassoon) - soloist of the Bolshoi Theater Orchestra
4. Natalia Savinova (mezzo-soprano) – laureate of international competitions
5. Viktor Yampolsky (piano) – Honored Artist of the Russian Federation